Sunday, April 25, 2010

Race 4 Autism Fundraising Event

Last Wednesday, I was invited by a friend to participate in a fundraising event for Autism. Thank you Tami! I found it a privilege to participate in an event that is so worthwhile. I offered up a gift certificate for photography for their silent auction. This is particularly near and dear to my heart as my son is effected by Asperger's Syndrome, a milder form within the Autism Spectrum disorders.


American Indoor Karting & Autism Society, Tidewater Virginia held the “Race For Autism.” It was put on at American Indoor Karting on Lynnhaven in honor of Autism Awareness Month. This race helped raise awareness and a percentage of the proceeds were given to the Autism Society, Tidewater Virginia.   There are so many ways to get involved and help out.  This was a great one!


As I was there, I of course had my camera that we affectionately have named "The Duchess." The duchess and I captured a lot of great people who helped out with the cause that night. I believe there were 8 teams participating including Tami's husband John with the T-Mobile team. The other teams included Valdez Family Team Justin, BB&T, Best Buy, Mythics, Just for People, Hooters, and Team Hunter. Congratulations to Best Buy who had a great race beating the other teams out.  Yes, even T-Mobile, sorry Tami!  Overall, it was quite impressive to see these businesses and all the people there supporting a great cause. 

My litle buddy JT getting sweet the Hooter's team.

More of the images can be viewed on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/CocoaBeanPhoto.  If you participated in the event and would like a digital copy, please let me know.

For more information about the Autism Society, Tidewater Virginia. Call 757-461-4474 or visit http://www.tidewaterasa.org/.

No comments: