Monday, July 14, 2008

Beach'n IT! Senior Style...

There is definitely something appealing about being at the beach. It apparently is enough so that I decided to blog about it. I live close enough to the beach at Sandbridge that overhead I can see a flapping advertisment sign being pulled by a prop plane meant for all the beach goers, I often feel the pain of slower traffic during the summer, and longer lines on a Sunday afternoon at the grocery store. Even with these small unconviniences I still am thrilled to be able to pack the kids in the Car and go to the beach. Actually, I'd say we are quite lucky to have the convinience so close.

I often pick the beach as a backdrop for many portrait sessions. It's beautiful as well as a relaxed, fun environment. I recently did a senior portrait session there and had a great time. Samantha was gracious enough to let me try some fun posing with her. Sam is a beautiful young lady who I couldn't help but think how she looks like Audry Hepburn. Her mom Mary is quite a riot to have along there too. Mary you can help me any time!!

There are so many ideas that can "surface," and the lighting in the evening has an awesome glow about it. Although, on the close up here with Sam we used a light to boost the colors, as it was getting late.
The flexability is great as far as clothing goes. You can dress up, but most of my clients, like Samantha here, enjoy a casual relaxed look. The no-shoes factor is a nice way to go too! Everyone seems to smile a little bit more.
I love doing Seniors. Just as Sam did, they often love trying new things and want something a little unique compared to everyone else. As I mentioned in a previous blog, traditional posing gets a little boring so I enjoy trying new stuff.
Congratulations, Sam! I love how they turned out!
Monica Martin


No comments: