Monday, August 3, 2009

Eisenhower Comes in for a great Homecoming!

As promised the update on The homecoming of the USS Eisenhower! Congratulations to all the sailors coming home to be with their family and loved ones. This time I got to snap up the reunion of Tyler to Lindsey. She has been counting down the days with so much enthusiasm it was a pleasure to see them together again.
I loved the shirts she and his whole family were wearing! Aren't they great?!

His family was excited to see him jump off that ship too. It's so hard to wait especially in the 95 degree heat and humidity. It is such a treasure to see thousands of families going through the same feelings of excitement and anticipation. Love it!


Couln't get away without a picture of his Mom and Dad looking on. Loved this one of the ship and family in the glasses.


It is great seeing the ship come around the bend of the Chesapeake Bay toward the pier. I was capturing this just under the bow of the USS Truman who I got to shoot Last year coming home. I'm sure Lindsey got some great shots too. She got to go up on the Truman with a few of the officer's wives to wait. At this point the crowd is starting to cheer and the exciment is building!


At one point I look up and had to capture this shot of Old Glory waving in the sky. I think they were waving in time to the music playing on the peir. I tell ya, it's a great experience.



And I never get tired of seeing the guys and gals come in lined up all around the deck.


I'm so happy for you two! I hope you enjoy these picture just as much as your last few sessions!
Thanks so much Tyler, for doing what you do! It's a pleasure shooting for you two!

The happy couple heading home!








2 comments:

Haley said...

you photos are amazing! ok-- now I am officially really nervous about any future op love sessions-- all of these are really great!

Monica@CocoaBeanPhoto.com said...

Haley, You are so sweet! Especially beacuase I think you are an awesome photographer also! I am very thankful for all comments and appreciate yours.